Monday, April 9, 2012

Digital Storytelling

As part of my research in to public history I'd like to look at historical videos portraying history within the state.  The first of these I found intensely interesting was the MOHAI minute productions.  MOHAI, the Museum of History and Industry in Seattle, has been producing these productions to examine historic sites and neighborhoods throughout Seattle and the surrounding areas.  These videos are very informative and well researched, although somewhat long for my taste.  The biggest downfall to these videos in my opinion is over-research, the hosts seem to be reading off of a script, which interrupts the natural flow of their discourse.  However do have a look, very informative and interesting take on digital storytelling in the Pacific North West.

No comments:

Post a Comment