Thursday, September 27, 2012

Looking for Examples

Today I'm writing for inspiration.  I'm looking for examples from the field.  I'm creating a presentation for a museum about interactive digital opportunities to engage users.  I am looking for examples of how museums are using technologies, and any feedback on how its working.  I'm thinking of either creating a mobile website or an app for smartphone / tablet use however I would like to see some examples of what is working at other institutions to present as possibilities.  If anybody knows of any examples please leave them in the comments.

The next thing I'm looking for is a free website creation tool, that has the ability to scale the website to mobile interfaces as well as the main interface.  Ideally this would be something that I could create in some sort of test environment to present to the museum before having spent too much time on it.  I have been learning web languages, however I am not confident enough to attempt to write this from scratch, so I'm looking for some form of website builder.  I have found these: 

http://openpublicapp.com/

http://omeka.org/

Probelm being that there is no easy way to create an example and or check to see how they will work.  Please let me know if you know of any other places to look and any examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment